Sod should be laid as soon as possible, no later than 24 hours after delivery or pickup from WALS yard.BUY SOD
- Clean all debris from the area.
- Grade and shape to desired contours.
- Make sure topsoil should be available to a depth of 8-10cm. Quality topsoil can be added to build up the amount of soil.
- If top soil is not soft, rototill the soil properly.
- Add starter fertilizer at the rate of 10 kgs per 100 sq. meters and rake in.
- Ensure your prepared surface is smooth and even, use sod roller to roll lightly to even out any depressions
- Start first row of sod from a straight line such as a Fence, Driveway or Curb or run a string line up the middle of the area to be sodded.
- Keep unrolling and laying sod roll in a ‘brick-work’ fashion.
- Cut the sod with sod knife as needed and make sure all joints are put tightly together without overlapping.
- Use sod roller to smooth out the new sod.
- Installed Sod should be watered immediately. Thoroughly water new sod so that the soil is wet to a depth of 1″ (2.5 cm) beneath your sod.
- Use a Frisbee to measure amount of water (Frisbee holds 1″ (2.5 cm) of water), move the sprinkler to new area every time Frisbee is full.